As an affiliate of both the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and Southeaster Early Childhood Association (SECA), the Florida AEYC has a 63-year history of promoting and supporting quality care and education for all children, birth through age eight. We are committed to operating our association as a high performing, inclusive organization with the following values:
- The Florida AEYC respects and accepts all people who contribute to quality early care and education.
- We are diverse, collaborate with other organizations, advocate for children on the local, state, and national level, and educate our communities on quality practices so that children will lead joyful, successful, and enriched childhoods.
- We promote leadership among our members and advocate for quality work environments for all in the profession.
Florida’s Strategic Goals are:
- Children birth through age 8 have equitable access to developmentally appropriate, high-quality early learning.
- The early childhood education profession exemplifies excellence and is recognized as vital and performing a critical role in society.
- The Florida AEYC reflects excellence in all aspects of organizational health and vitality.
- The Florida AEYC cultivates leadership and incubates innovative strategies that propel the field, profession, and systems of early learning.
FLAEYC membership is comprised of individuals from the vast field of early care and education throughout the state of Florida. Our members include:
- Business Owners & Operators
- Early Care and Education Teachers
- Early Childhood Advocates
- Higher Education Recruiters, Faculty, and Administrator
- Students (High School – College Level)
- Companies vested in the early care and education field and many more