Board Service Opportunity: Now Accepting Applications
We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about:
- Ensuring that all children have equitable access to developmentally appropriate, high-quality early learning and
- Promoting an early childhood profession that exemplifies excellence and is recognized as vital to society.
FLAEYC wants Board Members who see the connections between practice, policy and research, who share FLAEYC’s core values and beliefs, and who have knowledge and experience in governance and leadership.
We are seeking applications for the following offices:
- Board Secretary – 2-year Term
- Southern Early Childhood Association (SECA) Representative- 3-year term
- At-large Member (Five Positions Available) – 2-year term
Nominees must have a current FLAEYC membership and no two nominees can be from the same workplace. Applications close on August 17, 2020.
Message from Leadership:
FLAEYC celebrates diversity and we are dedicated to creating an inclusive experience for all early childhood educators. As your current President and President-elect, we are committed to building a Board that carries this organization well into the future and the only way to successfully do that is by ensuring our governing Board represents diversity in age, gender, race and ethnicity, as well as diversity in faith, professional roles, perspectives, experience and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work to influence public policy and advocate on behalf of all our essential service providers will be. -Heather Siskand, President, & Angela Tufts, President-Elect
- July 13, 2020: Applications and deadline information posted for submission by FLAEYC members interested in being considered for Board service.
- August 17, 2020: Deadline for submission of applications
- Mid-August 2020: Based upon its review of submitted materials, the Nominating Committee invites potential candidates to participate in virtual interviews. The interviews guide the selection of the slate that is recommended to the Governing Board for approval.
- October 1, 2020: The slate is officially announced on the FLAEYC website and at the Annual Conference., and the ballot opens.
- October 31, 2021: Ballot closes. Online submissions but be received by midnight on October 31, 2020. Printed ballots must be postmarked by October 31.
- November 2020: The election results will be tallied and the newly elected Board members announced.
- December 2020: Newly elected Board members attend Board orientation.
- January 1, 2021: Newly elected Board members assume office.